1 Adult, 0 Children
Terms & Conditions
This short-term rental agreement is concluded between Riverview Ranch and Resort, Roger Burton, Sabina Burton, as the Host and the Guest. The terms and conditions of your stay are presented below.
1. Rental Parties
Roger and Sabina Burton, residing at 2689 South River Road, own the property and business. This contractual relationship is between Riverview Resort LLC and the Guest.
Customers renting the property with the Host are hereafter referred to as the “Guests” or the “Guest”. The Guest(s) are obliged to provide their full names.
The Guest is responsible for ensuring that the property is not occupied by more people than is stated on the Guest’s booking confirmation email. The host reserves the right to refuse admittance to the property if it feels this condition is likely to be breached. In this case, no paid funds will be returned. The full Security Deposit will be retained, and the relevant public authorities will be informed.
3. Rental Period
The rental period commences at 4:00 pm on the “Arrival Date” and ends at 11:00 am on the “Departure Date”. This rental period comes into effect unless different check-in and check-out times have been agreed upon, in which case the latter shall define the rental period. This period is hereafter referred to as the “Rental Period”.
- The Rental Period dates will be stated on the reservation confirmation email provided to the Guest at the time of booking and written approval of the Host is required for any extension. The Guest will be liable for any cost, of whatever nature, incurred due to an unauthorized extension.
- Arrangements can be made for a later check-in or check-out, but this is subject to prior arrangements and an additional fee. If there is any delay in vacating the property beyond the agreed time, a full day’s rental is charged to the Guest.
Note: This Agreement applies to the Guest’s stay from the “Arrival Date” to the “Departure Date”, but also to any other dates that may be included if the reservation is changed.
4. Rental Fees
All prices are quoted in USD; unless otherwise specified, the prices quoted include VAT at the prevailing rates if applicable. All prices are based on costs prevailing at the time of quotation and may be subject to change. Unless otherwise specified, the prices quoted for all serviced property include utilities and taxes. Any extra charges are at the management’s discretion.
- The earliest possible check-in is at 4:00 pm. Please do not arrive early. We have a lot of chores to do in preparation for your arrival.
- The standard check-out time is up to the 11:00 am.
The full price of the booking is due at the time of booking. Payment for bookings must be completed online or by phone to secure the reservation. If this is not received on time, the Host reserves the right to cancel the booking.
Any charges raised against the Host by their bank for handling dishonored checks or any other payments will be passed on to the Guest by way of a deduction from the Security Deposit. Payment for bookings may be made by one of the following methods:
- Payment by credit/debit card is the preferred option for online bookings placed directly on the Host’s website.
- Zelle, Venmo, or Paypal are the preferred payment options for bookings placed over the phone. A 2% convenience fee will be charged for phone reservations. We much prefer you book online.
Cash or check payments will only be accepted in exceptional circumstances and with prior approval of The Host. Checks should be payable to Riverview Ranch and Resort. Postdated checks are not acceptable.
All bookings can be placed either through: The Host’s Secure Website/Email/Phone. The availability displayed at the time the Host sends the email cannot be guaranteed as an alternative booking may take place in the meantime. Availability on the website is kept up to date automatically.
7. Rental Rules & Restrictions
The Guest has the right to occupy the property for a Rental Period only.
The Guest agrees:
- Not to provide overnight accommodation for guests other than those declared to the Host in advance.
- To undertake to pay for any losses or damage caused to the property.
- To take good care of the property and leave it clean and tidy at the end of the tenancy.
- To permit the Owners and Host reasonable access to the rented apartment.
- Not to cause an annoyance or become a nuisance to occupants of adjoining premises, i.e.:
- Not to be the cause of any loud noise between 22:00 and 09:00.
- Not to smoke on the property or any of its public areas.
- Not to bring any pets to the property.
- To read any safety notices and advice upon arrival at the property.
- Not to re-let or sublet the property to any other group/party.
- To only use the property strictly for residential purposes.
- Not to throw parties or gatherings at the property. If on arrival, it is felt that the Guest intends to use the property for such events, the Guest will be refused entrance.
- Not to use the phone or fax line connected to the property.
- Not to light any fires or candles on the property.
- To reimburse Host for any pay per view shows watched.
- Not to hang or place wet or damp washing articles upon any room heater.
In case of breaching these terms and conditions, the Guest will be required to leave the property immediately, and no refunds will be offered.
In case of an emergency, the Guest is asked to:
- Make use of a fire extinguisher if appropriate;
- Leave all belongings and exit immediately through the main exit, ensuring all individuals who require assistance are brought to safety;
- Wait on the main road away from the building and inform emergency services by calling 911 and quoting your location;
- Reach out to the Host’s phone number if required.
- Note: Emergency rope ladders are in the apartment for emergency window egress.
8. Property Condition
- The Guest must follow the instructions in the welcome manual of the property. Any losses, damage, or cleaning necessary over and above normal servicing, will be deducted from the Security Deposit. By placing a booking with the Host, the Guest authorizes it to deduct such payment from the Guest’s Security Deposit.
- The Guest is responsible for taking all reasonable care of the property and its contents. The property and all equipment, utensils, furniture, etc., must be left clean and tidy at the end of the Rental Period. No items can be removed from the property.
- The Guest will be responsible for reimbursing any damage to the property or its contents, which has occurred due to negligence, willful damage or irresponsible behavior on the part of those occupying the property or their guests. Without delay, such damage must be reported to the Host. The cost of the repair or replacement must be agreed on and paid to the Host.
- The Guest is responsible for ensuring that no person staying or visiting the property during the Guest’s stay will suffer anything to be done, which would endanger the policy of the Host’s insurers in respect of the property and its contents which might make the same void or voidable.
The loss of a key to the apartment will be charged. Keys must be returned upon check-out as stipulated in the property’s House Manual or as per the Host's instructions.
- Duplication of keys is not permitted. Divulging access arrangements to third parties is not permitted.
Services & Facilities
Properties are advertised as providing a number of services, facilities, and amenities. While every effort is made to this end, the availability and proper functioning of these cannot be guaranteed.
- The Host is not responsible for providing any refund or alternative provision of said service, facility, or amenity, and no refunds will be offered.
- Security Deposit is placed on hold 1 day prior to Guest arrival and will be released, assuming no damages require capture of funds, two days after Guest departure.
No guarantee can be made that the internet service provided will be compatible with the Guest’s device. No technical support for the connection is available. The functionality of the connection cannot be guaranteed. Should the broadband connection not function for any reason, no liability is taken by either the owner or the Host, and they cannot be held liable for any losses resulting from the loss of connection.
Wireless internet service is free to those Guests who accept the terms and conditions below. By accessing the internet through Host’s Service, the Guest will be deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions of use. Please do not use the Service if you do not agree to all of the terms and conditions.
- A Fair Use Policy has been implemented so that Host can deliver a service that is fast and reliable to all the Guests. Performance of the network is monitored, and the amount of bandwidth available to demanding users during busy periods may be restricted to ensure all the guests have an acceptable level of service.
- Reasonable endeavors will be used to make the Service available 24 hours a day. However, the Host will not be liable if, for any reason, the Service is not available at any time or for any period. Access to the Service may be suspended at any time. In the case of requiring any assistance in relation to the Service, the Guest should contact Host.
- Network access codes or passwords provided to the Guest to access the Service should be kept confidential and not disclosed to any other person for any reason. The Guest will be responsible for any loss that arises from losing, misusing or otherwise disclosing any such access codes or passwords.
- The Service is intended to allow Guests to access the internet for legitimate purposes only. The Guest undertakes to the Host that their behavior while using the Service will be lawful, honest and proper. The Service may not be used in such a manner as to host a web or other server, send or facilitate the sending of bulk e-mail or collect third-party personal data without appropriate consent. The Host may terminate the Guest’s use of the Service at any time without notice if Guest commits any behavior that has a negative impact on the Host’s equipment or network or the use by other customers of the equipment or network or the internet in general, or which damages, or has the potential to damage, the Host’s reputation or standing.
- The Guest acknowledges that use of the Service is at their own risk. The Service is provided on “as-available,” and to the fullest extent permitted by law, the Host hereby excludes all and any warranties or conditions of any kind, whether express or implied, in respect of the Service and any content or data obtained or downloaded from it.
The property will have been cleaned prior to the Guest's arrival. The Guest undertakes to notify the Host at their earliest convenience should they notice inadequate cleaning, so the Host can endeavor to rectify the situation. The Guest is asked to leave the property clean, ensuring that all used dishes have been washed.
9. Personal Properties
All personal belongings and contents left in the property are left at the Guest’s risk. The Guest should take insurance for such belongings, and any loss or damage to their belongings is the sole responsibility of the Guest. The Landlord and the Host hold no liability for personal properties belonging to the guests left at the property during their stay. Any personal properties left at the property after the agreed check-out time may be moved, removed and/or disposed of by the Host.
10. Cancellation Policy
Cancellation by the Guest
- Full refund for cancellations up to 5 days (120 hours) before check-in date/time.
- 24 hours to 5 days before check in, 50% refund, minus the first night.
- Less than 24 hours before check in, no refund except for legitimate necessity such as COVID illness.
- The times and dates we display for cancellation policies are based on the local time zone, CST. Cancellation deadlines for receiving refunds are measured from the standard check-in time of 4:00 PM.
Cancellation by Host
- In exceptional circumstances, the Host may find it necessary to cancel the Guest’s booking and reserves the right to do so at any point.
- The Host shall make all reasonable efforts to find a suitable alternative. If this is declared not acceptable by the Guest within 24 hours of them being notified of the change of property, and assuming the cancellation is not as a result of events beyond the Host’s reasonable control, which shall include but not be limited to events such as war, civil strife, terrorist activity, labor disputes, natural or man-made disaster, fire, flood, and adverse weather conditions. In that case, the Host will refund any sum paid by the Guest if cancelled prior to the reservation or a refund of the remainder of the booked nights if the Guest has already checked in, which shall constitute a full and final settlement of any liability the Owner or the Host may have to the Guest as a result of such cancellation. This does not affect the Guest’s statutory rights. More specifically, nothing in these conditions shall restrict the Host’s liability for death or personal injury caused by the Host’s negligence or fraudulent Misrepresentation.
Termination by the Host
The Host has the right to terminate a booking at any time on the grounds of abuse to the staff, mistreatment of the property, or criminal activity on the part of the Guest. Any sign of smoking inside or outside of the property will immediately terminate the booking, with no refund being offered.
11. Other Clauses
The Riverview Ranch and Resort reserves the right to amend prices quoted due to errors or omissions. While every endeavor is made to portray a true representation of the properties, no guarantee can be given to the accuracy of the photographs or descriptions. All information supplied by the Host is given in good faith and is based on information available at the time. All reasonable measures have been taken to ensure the accuracy of any statement in writing or otherwise, but Host is not liable for any variation caused.
Injury or Loss
The Host cannot be held responsible for any personal injury, loss or damage to personal effects at the accommodation. Neither the Owner, Host, or its representatives can be held responsible for any circumstances beyond the Host’s control, including, but not limited to, mechanical breakdown, illness, or failure of any public service supply. The Host will not be held responsible for any death or personal injury incurred during any stay at the property save insofar as the same arose through any act or omission by the Host.
Guest agrees to make any complaints about the property, its contents, or the Host staff immediately by both of the channels below:
- in writing to [email protected].
- via phone at the Host’s office number
All complaints must be notified to the Host as soon as reasonably practicable, as the Host may be required to carry out an on-the-spot investigation and, if necessary, take remedial action. Should you have a complaint, please allow the Host the opportunity to put matters right during the Rental Period.
The Host will take all reasonable steps to settle the problem. The Riverview Ranch and Resort shall not be liable for any complaint submitted after the completion of the Rental Period.
The Host will not be liable for any delay, loss, damage, or expense incurred if the Guest’s booking needs to be altered or cancelled or The Host is unable to perform its contractual obligations as a result of events beyond its reasonable control, which shall include but not be limited to events such as war, civil strife, terrorist activity, labor disputes, natural or man-made disaster, fire, flood, and adverse weather conditions.
Right of Access
The Host, Host’s representatives, and subcontractors have the right of access to the property at any time, with due regard to the convenience of the Guest, for the purpose of inspection of the property and for the Owners to carry out any essential repair or maintenance work.
Security of Tenure
The property is used as a serviced Rental Period accommodation, so it is exempt from security of tenure. No tenancy rights are created for the Guest(s) after the term of this agreement expires, which coincides with the published check-out time and is included by default in the Guest’s booking request.
It is recommended that personal insurance be taken out against cancellation or loss of goods. It is further strongly advised that personal accident and medical insurance is also taken out.
Privacy and Data Protection
The Host does not accept liability for any act, neglect or default on the part of any person, nor for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience, whether to person or property, which the Guests or anyone connected with the Rental Period may incur. The Host nor the Owners shall not be held responsible for any maintenance/building works outside the rental property now and in future.
We offer horseback riding, petting zoo, and other services separate from the apartment rental. Each adult must sign a liability waiver, and a guardian must sign for each child before engage in equestrian activities, entering any horse enclosure, entering the pool area, or using a boat/bicycle. A wrangler must accompany guests into any horse enclosure. The liability waiver is located at RiverviewRnR.com/docs/Liability-Release.pdf and Host keeps paper copies on hand.
Authority to Sign
The person who places the booking certifies that he or she is authorized to agree to the Terms and Conditions on behalf of all persons being booked for, including those substituted or included at a later date, and that all these shall likewise observe the Terms and Conditions. He or she agrees to take responsibility for the party occupying the property. In this sense, references to the Guest apply to all the property occupants. By placing a booking, the Guest is deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions. Payment of the full charge also indicates acceptance of these terms and conditions.
All properties are used at the Guest’s own risk. At properties with a balcony or elevated terrace, this is used at the Guest’s own risk. Parents should ensure that their children are supervised in such areas at all times.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The contract is deemed to have been made at the 2689 South River Road. This Agreement's validity, construction and performance shall be governed by the laws of Illinois.
In the event that a court finds that a condition in these Terms and Conditions is illegal or void, the illegal or void provision will be severed from the remainder of the Terms and Conditions, which will continue to be valid and have full force and effect.
Guests will have exclusive use of the booked unit (Unit. 2 or 3). Both of these apartments are about 1300 sqft of living space and are on the second floor. Please do not enter unit 1, the downstairs kitchen, the lobby office or the apartment you did not book. Owners or other guests occupy these private spaces. Guests may use the lobby and its bathroom as shared space. When checking out please leave the apartment keys on the kitchen table or kitchen counter and leave the door unlocked.
Sniff and Greet:
Our Dogs get excited when new people come so we ask that you allow them a short sniff and greet when you arrive. They are friendly but they often bark as they run up to strangers. Especially our very friendly German Shepard, Bessie, can be intimidating for people who are afraid of dogs. If someone is afraid of dogs in your group, please let Wrangler Roger know and he will keep tight controls of Bessie until everyone is comfortable. It won't take long. Bessie loves to be petted. Nala, mini-Dachshund, loves to play "gimmie that," Simba loves to cuddle and lick noses, and Pepper, yorkie mix, loves to be scratched. It is best to just relax and move slowly any time you meet a new dog. Once the dogs get your scent and you pet them, they will become your buddies very quickly.
If you open it, close it; if you borrow it, return it; if you turn it on, turn it off; if you break it, fix it; if you use it, take care of it; if you make a mess, clean it up; if you move it, put it back.
Health & safety
Guests are not allowed in the hay loft above horse stalls.
We have Carbon monoxide alarms and Smoke alarms installed as required.
Accommodations are on second floor. Guests must climb stairs to access the apartments.
Guests are not allowed to feed any of the animals unless specifically allowed and supervised by staff. We have dogs, horses, goat, pigs, ducks and chickens. They are all very friendly, but they could act unpredictably if provoked, startled, or mishandled. Please be kind to the animals.